No onion no garlic version
A very happy new year to all of you out there! Wish 2014 is a year full of good health, safety and prosperity for each one of us.
This being my first blog entry in this new-year – I thought I will start with a healthy dish. And this healthy dish is none other than a soup!
Sweet corn veg soup is my favourite. Tried adding a twist to my favourite – spaghetti noodles to Sweet corn veg soup – and ta-da, I have my twisted new dish ready.
This is a no onion no garlic version for those who avoid them, and also for those festive days when we can’t have onion no garlic. Without further ado, let’s get to this healthy recipe !!
1 cup sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1 Carrot – peeled and finely chopped into small pieces
3-4 beans -de stringed and finely chopped
3-4 cups water
1-2 tablespoon corn flour plus 1/2 cup water
6-10 spaghetti sticks broken into thin strips
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
a drop of oil (to avoid spaghetti sticking to each other)
Salt to taste
1. Boil water in a heavy bottomed pan. Add to this – carrot, beans and sweet corn. Let it cook for a while till tender.
2. To the same pan, add broken spaghetti and let it cook with veggies till soft.
3. Add a drop of oil to avoid sticking of spaghetti and salt to taste.
4. Once veggies and spaghetti turn soft (don’t let it become mushy though), add corn flour paste – and mix it.
5. Add a teaspoon of black pepper powder and adjust salt to taste if needed. (Remember you have already added some salt earlier)
6. Bring to boil such that raw corn-flour smell fades away.
7. Once boiled, switch off and serve hot.
Your healthy soup is ready to enjoy.
Hope you all liked this recipe.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Will soon come with another recipe!.