Christmas time round the world and my little fella has got a Christmas celebration in his school today with a shared snack concept.
Snack to be shared then it has to be something special – like cake, cupcakes, cookies or chips. Easy to eat and easy to share.
To send with him a special snack is a motivation for me to cook something oven dish. And having my mom along means eggless cooking. Adapted little from sharmispassion blog but suited to my needs and ingredients.
Without further ado, let’s get to the lip smackering recipe.
Yields : 12 cupcakes
Cooking time : 20-25 minutes
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Maida : 3/2 cups or 1.5cups
Baking powder : 1 teaspoon
Tutti fruity : 1/2 cup to 1 cup
Mixed nuts : 1/2 cup
Sweet cherries : 1/2 cup
Salt : tiny pinch
Sugar : 2/3 cup
Oil : 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoons
Water : 1/2 cup
Curd : 1/2 cup
Vinegar : 1 tablespoons
Baking soda : 1/2 teaspoons
1. Mix in Sugar, oil, vanilla essence and water in a bowl till sugar dissolves. Toss some tutty fruity, nuts and cherries to it and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients – maida, baking powder and salt well.
3. Make a well in the middle and add curd, baking soda, and vinegar to it. Stir it well.
4. Put this mixture in the first bowl of wet ingredients and mix it evenly without lumps being formed.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
6. Line the cupcake tray with paper liners, and pour the batter to 3/4th level. Add tutti fruity on top.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes and check with a toothpick if it comes out clean.
8. If so, switch off the oven and let it be inside for another 5 minutes
9. Take it out and cool it in the cooling rack. And serve among your guests.
Your nutty tutty fruity cupcakes are ready to enjoy.
Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.