Happy Basant panchami to all of you. Today is Goddess Saraswati’s birthday – today many household wear yellow dress and make an offering of yellow color to mark the welcoming of spring season..so i was pondering what can i make as an offering which is yellow too to signify the essence of the day. Realized besan ka halwa would be the best choice. So here, I am with my besan ka halwa for this Basant panchami.
Without further ado, let’s get to the recipe such that the sweet aroma of besan n ghee fill up the kitchen.
1 cup besan
1/2 cup ghee
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk
Handful of dry fruits to garnish
1tsp cardamom powder
1. Take ghee in a pan, add besan to it and keep stirring it till its raw smell fades away n a bubbly texture forms..once you get the golden texture and nice aroma of besan,
2. Add water n milk one by one while still stirring the mixture to avoid forming lumps.
3. This water n milk will help besan to cook fast.
4. Once besan is cooked, add sugar and stir again.
5. Adding sugar will make it thick still stir it evenly.
6. Switch off the stove. Meanwhile, ghee roast the dry fruits..
7. Add those ghee roast dry fruits to halwa and garnish well.
Ta da your awesome fragrance besan ka halwa is ready to be offered to goddess on this auspicious day. And then you all can dig in to enjoy it to melt in your mouth.
Happy eating as your meal is ready!