This is a Maharashtrian side-dish and people who love chilli will like this. Whenever we visit my in-laws at Aurangabad, their neighbour always gets this along with Jowar / bajra ki roti for my husband. I am not too fond of very spicy foods, so this one is made just for my husband to enjoy. It was my first time trying to make this and it came out nice. He said that it tastes just like the authentic one means one made in Maharashtra.
It is a very simple recipe and the ingredients are very basic. So everyone should have the required ingredients in the pantry. Best enjoyed with roti, one can try with curd rice too.
I hope you will love this as much as I did and let me know how it turned out for you.
15 to 20 green chillies (yes, you read that right!)
15 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp roasted groundnut powder
1/2 tsp hing
Salt to taste
1. Remove stalks from the green chillies and set aside.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, once it’s hot, add whole green chillies and garlic together.
4. Fry till it brown in color.
5. Add hing and salt to taste. Mix it. Take off the stove and let it cool down.
6. Once it has cooled down, blend it in a mixer.
[The best ones are done using mortar and pestle but since I don’t have one here, so used mixer grinder]
Thecha is ready for spice lovers to enjoy!